Nine Mile is an electronic principal trading firm, focused on market making and arbitrage opportunities globally. Technology is at the forefront of our business, powering Nine Mile’s unified global trading platform and the micro-decisions required for our successful trading. Nine Mile’s scale and efficiency allow us to be nimble, responding quickly to market opportunities and regulatory changes, whilst ensuring that we operate under a robust operational risk management framework.
At our heart, it’s our people that power Nine Mile, its strategy, technology & relationships. We are proud to have a team of highly motivated, intelligent individuals that strive to solve complex problems through creative sophisticated technology, in an open meritocratic environment.
As a Business Development Manager, you will drive client engagement and passionately seek out new business opportunities. Your role will be focussed on ensuring Nine Mile’s strategic business approach is cutting edge. This is a role that will allow you to drive an exciting business onto the global stage with an innovative and dynamic approach that you will be integral in driving forward.
You could be the next Nine Mile Business Development Manager if you can:
• Design and deliver an effective business development strategy – domestically and internationally.
• Run client-account management for Responsible Entity clients of Nine Mile – domestically and internationally, including the client onboarding pipeline.
• Manage Nine Mile’s relationship with an array of global exchanges.
• Manage Nine Mile’s relationship with its panel of international brokers.
• Lead business growth initiatives, including overseeing inputs from the Trading and Technology teams.
• Collaborating with the business teams to negotiate and execute commercial agreements in a timely fashion.
• Produce monthly BD reports and brief management team.
• Liaise with industry peers to ensure Nine Mile’s practices are consistent with market practice.
• Identifying trends and developments that impact the businesses.
• Maintain, contribute to and develop local and global business development frameworks and procedures.
• Assist with marketing, communications and event-planning activities that support business development strategy.
Your Technical Skills Should Include:
• Advanced knowledge of the financial markets with a focus on the ETF space
• Excellent level of Client Management
• minimum of 2 years business development experience within a financial market’s institution, or similar environment.
• Be equipped to communicate clearly and effectively on business matters with clients and key stakeholders at all levels including internal senior management and externally using all media
• Possess proven organisational skills, including an ability to influence outcomes and prioritize effectively.
• Be able to exercise sound judgment whilst generating new ideas and challenging the status quo.
• Be able to make, support and defend difficult and complex decisions in a busy and high performing environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Successful Business Development Manager Applicants will have:
• A passion for financial markets
• minimum of 3 years business development experience within a financial markets institution, or similar environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Related field
At Nine Mile, we operate in a highly competitive and dynamic environment. Our company’s success depends upon not just our vision, our technology or our strategies, but the people who carry out the vision and build the strategies day in and day out – our team. That’s why we go out of our way to foster a culture that allows our employees to thrive and grow. A culture that rewards open interaction, problem solving, creativity and teamwork – one that believes helping others is if not more important, than an individual accomplishment.
Challenge your ideas. Work with us.