Nine Mile is an electronic principal trading firm focused on market making and arbitrage opportunities globally. Technology is at the forefront of our business, powering Nine Mile’s unified global trading platform and the micro-decisions required for our successful trading. Nine Mile’s scale and efficiency allow us to be nimble, responding quickly to market opportunities and regulatory changes, whilst ensuring that we operate under a robust operational risk management framework.
At our heart, it’s our people that power Nine Mile, its strategy, technology & relationships. We are proud to have a team of highly motivated, intelligent individuals that strive to solve complex problems through creative sophisticated technology, in an open meritocratic environment.
As a Nine Mile Software Engineer – Trading Desk, you will have the opportunity to work at the heart of our trading systems. Responsibilities of this role will include but are not limited to:
- Deliver focussed improvements to the operational robustness and profitability of the trading platform
- Work flexibly with a focus on real time issues as opposed to long term projects
- Work on a broad array of technologies and trading domains.
- Apply algorithm enhancements
- Platform performance tuning
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify innovations in our Technology
What you will bring:
- Development in either Java, C++ or C#
- A scripting language, preferably Python
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Strong awareness of prioritisation and time management
- Work well under pressure
- Understanding of network protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A genuine interest in financial markets
- Strong academic record in a computer science degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related field
At Nine Mile, we operate in a highly competitive and dynamic environment. Our company’s success depends upon not just our vision, our technology or our strategies, but the people who carry out the vision and build the strategies day in and day out – our team.
That’s why we go out of our way to foster a culture that allows our employees to thrive and grow. A culture that rewards open interaction, problem solving, creativity and teamwork – one that believes helping others is if not more important, than an individual accomplishment.
Challenge your ideas. Work with us.