As a Nine Mile Compliance Officer you will have the opportunity to assist the business to embed a strong compliance culture and practices as part of day to day business operations using your high level understanding of relevant legal, regulatory and industry code requirements. You will play a key role in advising relevant stakeholders on compliance obligations and policies to ensure Nine Mile is exceeding our regulatory obligations and more.
You could be the next Nine Mile Compliance Officer if you:
• Actively engage with relevant stakeholders across the business to assess, communicate and raise awareness of compliance obligations
• Support and engage across the team, first line risk and compliance teams, Legal, Group Office and other stakeholders as and when required
• Maintain all relevant Policies, Australian Addendums, procedures, and standards
• Conduct reviews/gap analysis of Policies, Addendums, Standards and Program to ensure they are kept up to date with internal and external regulatory changes, and are being adhered to
• Conduct periodic risk-based reviews and testing to ensure that the breach reporting procedures are operating effectively and related obligations are being met
• Prepare monthly reports, papers and certification to Group Office within agreed timelines and as required
• Identify and report on thematic issues and insights for incidents and complaints
• Provide compliance advice to the business units and the relevant incident committee/s to support decisions made on incidents
Your Technical Skills Should Include:
• Demonstrated and practical experience working in an enterprise level compliance role, specifically relating to incident management requirements
• Experience and understanding of the legislation and obligations for Life Insurance, Superannuation and Health
• Compliance or legal qualifications
• Strong analytical skills and proficient in Excel and PowerPoint presentations
• Excellent communication and engagement skills and the ability to challenge, collaborate and influence outcomes
Successful DI&SS Applicants will have:
• A genuine interest in financial markets
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related field
At Nine Mile, we operate in a highly competitive and dynamic environment. Our company’s success depends upon not just our vision, our technology or our strategies, but the people who carry out the vision and build the strategies day in and day out – our team.
That’s why we go out of our way to foster a culture that allows our employees to thrive and grow. A culture that rewards open interaction, problem solving, creativity and teamwork – one that believes helping others is if not more important, than an individual accomplishment.
Challenge your ideas. Work with us.