Nine Mile is an electronic principal trading firm, focused on market making and arbitrage opportunities globally. Technology is at the forefront of our business, powering Nine Mile’s unified global trading platform and the micro-decisions required for our successful trading. Nine Mile’s scale and efficiency allow us to be nimble, responding quickly to market opportunities and regulatory changes, whilst ensuring that we operate under a robust operational risk management framework.
At our heart, it’s our people that power Nine Mile, its strategy, technology & relationships. We are proud to have a team of highly motivated, intelligent individuals that strive to solve complex problems through creative sophisticated technology, in an open meritocratic environment.
As a Nine Mile FPGA Engineer you will have the opportunity to work at the heart of our trading systems. This role will drive our hardware solutions into the future with responsibility for Nine Mile FPGA design and architecture. Additionally, you will participate from concept through to production including hardware selection, FPGA design, simulation and testing. The right candidate will need have experience dealing with Ethernet and TCP/IP. Exposure to HLS, System Verilog, VHDL or HLS will be integral to this role.
You could be the next Nine Mile FPGA Engineer if you:
• Are energized by working directly with traders and developers to help solve problems in real time
• Are excited to develop your talents across a broad array of technical disciplines
• Enjoy working in a constantly evolving environment with new challenges and opportunities to learn every day
• Have a passion and hunger to maintain a keen interest in industry best practice in our field to ensure we are pushing towards constant industry leading performance in line with our NMF value of Growth.
• Your role will require consultation with the business to ensure the technology is relevant to the requirements of the business and to ensure by in from key stakeholders.
• Have a mindset for constant testing, reviewing and analysis of our systems and technology including improving the coding and protocols in place to ensure optimal performance in line with our intended Specification.
• In line with our NMF value of Unity, you should look to proactively collaborate on ideas around d innovation to our Technology as well as our pro cesses to ensure we are operating at optimal level.
• You will be responsible for critically analysing our in-house Trading Platform to ensure it is optimised for efficiency and performance.
Your Technical Skills Should Include:
• Advanced VHDL and/or System Verilog, as well as a programming language (preferably C++)
• Experience dealing with Ethernet and TCP/IP.
• A scripting language, preferably Python
• Experience in designing and effectively implementing high speed, low latency programmable logic design
• Understanding of network protocols and network infrastructure
• Exposure to Linux
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Successful FPGA Engineer Applicants will have:
• A genuine interest in financial markets
• Strong academic record in a Computer Systems, IT Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Technology Degree
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related field
At Nine Mile, we operate in a highly competitive and dynamic environment. Our company’s success depends upon not just our vision, our technology or our strategies, but the people who carry out the vision and build the strategies day in and day out – our team. That’s why we go out of our way to foster a culture that allows our employees to thrive and grow. A culture that rewards open interaction, problem solving, creativity and teamwork – one that believes helping others is if not more important, than an individual accomplishment.
Challenge your ideas. Work with us.