Nine Mile is looking for a Market Operations Associate to join our electronic principal trading firm, focused on market making and arbitrage opportunities globally. Technology is at the forefront of our business, powering Nine Mile’s unified global trading platform and the micro-decisions required for our successful trading.
Nine Mile’s scale and efficiency allow us to be nimble, responding quickly to market opportunities and regulatory changes, whilst ensuring that we operate under a robust operational risk management framework.
At our heart, it’s our people that power Nine Mile, its strategy, technology & relationships. We are proud to have a team of highly motivated, intelligent individuals that strive to solve complex problems through creative sophisticated technology, in an open meritocratic environment.
As a Nine Mile Market Operations Associate you will have the opportunity to ensure our business manages trade execution and reconciliations effectively. You will work closely with our trading and technology team to ensure we are both meeting our regulatory requirements and ensuring effect operation effectiveness.
We operate in a fast-paced trading environment, the role is office based so you must have a preference for working in an office setting.
You could be the next Nine Mile Market Operations Associate if you:
- Are excited by understanding and improving trade validation
- Can effectively manage daily cash and stock reconciliations and have the analytical ability to develop efficiencies in the process
- Can ensure transactions are recorded and settled appropriately
- Have an understanding of corporate actions
- Have a strong consultative approach to how you operate and enjoy a project management style
- Have a strong risk mindset
- Enjoy working in an office setting
- Have the ability to build effective relationships with brokers, fund accountants and service providers
- Have a bias to action and want to make a genuine impact
Your Technical Skills Should Include:
- Advanced communications skills
- Experience in project management
- Experience dealing with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Well-developed analytical skills
Successful Market Operations Associate Applicants will have:
- A genuine passion for the financial markets
- Bachelors degree in Business related field
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a back oF middle office role
At Nine Mile, we operate in a highly competitive and dynamic environment. Our company’s success depends upon not just our vision, our technology or our strategies, but the people who carry out the vision and build the strategies day in and day out – our team.
That’s why we go out of our way to foster a culture that allows our employees to thrive and grow. A culture that rewards open interaction, problem solving, creativity and teamwork – one that believes helping others is if not more important, than an individual accomplishment.
Challenge your ideas. Work with us.