Nine Mile is an electronic principal trading firm, focused on market making and arbitrage opportunities globally. Technology is at the forefront of our business, powering Nine Mile’s unified global trading platform and the micro-decisions required for our successful trading. Nine Mile’s scale and efficiency allow us to be nimble, responding quickly to market opportunities and regulatory changes, whilst ensuring that we operate under a robust operational risk management framework.
At our heart, it’s our people that power Nine Mile, its strategy, technology & relationships. We are proud to have a team of highly motivated, intelligent individuals that strive to solve complex problems through creative sophisticated technology, in an open meritocratic environment.
Nine Mile is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our growing technology team. SREs are the face of technology, working directly with the trading desks. SREs have the opportunity to be involved across the entire technology platform, from pre-flight checks, intraday trouble shooting, hot fixes, patching, platform upgrades, performance tuning, through to management of the physical environment. The SREs are supported by expert teams across each of the technology domains.
You could be the next Nine Mile Site Reliability Engineer if You:
• Enjoy software development but prefer not to get bogged down in long projects
• Are energized by working directly with traders and developers to help solve problems in real time
• Are excited to develop your talents across a broad array of technical disciplines
• Would like to see yourself as a “go-to” person when the pressure is on
• Enjoy working in a constantly evolving environment with new challenges and opportunities to learn every day
Your Technical Skills Should Include:
• Development in Python
• Experience working in Linux environments, including shell scripting
• Understanding of network protocols and some experience configuring physical equipment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Successful SRE Applicants will have:
• A genuine interest in financial markets
• Strong academic record in a computer science degree
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related field
At Nine Mile, we operate in a highly competitive and dynamic environment. Our company’s success depends upon not just our vision, our technology or our strategies, but the people who carry out the vision and build the strategies day in and day out – our team. That’s why we go out of our way to foster a culture that allows our employees to thrive and grow. A culture that rewards open interaction, problem solving, creativity and teamwork – one that believes helping others is if not more important, than an individual accomplishment.
Challenge your ideas. Work with us.